Friday, October 31, 2014

The Spooky Halloween Manicure

Halloween Skeleton Manicure

Happy Halloween! Today, I decided to venture into a tad bit of nail art to celebrate the holiday. I perused Pinterest for a bit looking for a cute nail art option that wouldn't require any tools that I didn't happen to have on hand. I stumbled across a skeleton rendition but decided to add a twist to it by reversing the colors and slapping on a matte sheen.

I created the ghoulish skeleton on my thumb nail after painting all of my nails with Sally Hansen's Xtreme Nail Wear in 370 Black Out and topped it off with my newly acquired Nails Inc. Matte Top Coat (more on that soon).

For the thumb nail, before I topped it off I dabbed a bead of my Formula X Nail Polish in White Matter onto a disposable plate so that I had a palette to work with. Using a toothpick, I gingerly dipped it into the paint to patiently create two bright eyes and a mouth with jagged teeth. I let it dry for an hour and then applied the matte top coat.

I'm extremely happy with the turnout on this one. It's super festive and not too difficult to achieve! Even better, this design plays into my Skeleton Princess costume very well. I'll come back today to share a photo of the whole look.

While we're on the subject, what will you be for Halloween this year? Let me know in the comments below!

Follow Me on BlogLovin'

Update: The Skeleton Princess is here! The theme was Scary Candyland and I was Skeleton Princess Lolli!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This Post

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig