Monday, October 20, 2014

Beauty Collection Clear-Out Tips & Makeup Organization

make up organization
From time to time, I like to sift through my makeup collection and toss the items that I don't find myself using anymore or products that have gone out of date. As we transition into autumn, this seemed to be as good a time as any to take care of this beauty task.

My method for approaching a beauty collection clear-out is to:

  • Judge: pick each item up one-by-one and decide how you feel about the product. Ask yourself, does this contribute to my collection? Do I like this product? Does this item mesh well with my skin?
  • Evaluate: the next step is simple. Assess the condition the product. Also, is there a usable amount of product left to justify keeping it?
  • Decide: in the last step, determine if you will keep the product or toss it. A good rule of thumb that I tell myself is "if you haven't used it in the past 9 months, you're probably not going to use it in the next 9 months."
After going through this process for each product, I'm left with a well-organized and easy to visualize makeup collection like this...

makeup organization ideas
Here, I've taken a plastic storage box that easily fits into my makeup storage drawer and placed my foundations, blushers, finishing powders and miscellaneous bulky items inside. I've also laid my coveted eyeshadow palettes in the space off to the side of the storage box so they are easily accessible. 
makeup organization idea
Lastly, I've repurposed used candle containers, cleaned them out and made them into new storage for smaller eyeshadows, mascaras, eyeliners/primers and makeup brushes. The candle containers above are from Bath & Body Works and Target.

What tips and tricks do you have for makeup collection clearouts and organization? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This Post

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig