Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Red Lips For Every Budget

My name is Amanda, and I'm a lipstick junkie. You may not know this about me, as I'm relatively new to the world of blogging, but I have a soft spot for lipsticks. There's rarely a time that I venture into Sephora and don't come away some type of lip product in my bag of purchases whether the new acquisition is intended  or not. That being said, I wanted to share with you a few favorites, specifically of the "red lip" variety that fit any budget.

There's so much that can be said about a red lip. Many call the look the little black dress of makeup, which I completely agree with, however, many times you'll hear makeup lovers pairing the term "red lip" with attributes like classic, timeless, and vintage and that can scare some women away from venturing into experimenting with the look and also perceiving the red lip as something that you have to shell out high-dollars to attain. I'm here to tell you that this is untrue! While there are great high-dollar red lip products available, it's not a necessity.

As a bona fide lip product fanatic, I've dabbled in my fair share of red lip products coming from drugstores and luxury department store brands. Each lip product, regardless of cost, has a right to hold a place in your makeup bag as your timeless red lip.
red lips for every budget
Following descriptions are counter-clockwise from the top

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick, Wine With Everything ($4.99): a quality lipstick that provides gorgeous consistent coverage to the lips while maintaining a creamy and moisturizing finish for a bargain of a price!

Revlon Colorburst, Fire ($6.50): an impeccably pigmented gloss that delivers true as advertised color to the lips and a full-definition pout. If you're going for a long-wear look, I suggest lining the lips with a pencil to help with definition and placement.

Stila Stay All-Day Liquid Lipstick, Beso ($22.00): a long-lasting matte liquid lipstick that dries to a provide a pleasant, barely-there feeling on the lips and doesn't transfer. If you're looking for a bold and true red color, this is going to be your new favorite!

Tom Ford Beauty Lip Color, Scarlet Rouge ($50.00): a lipstick packed with the crème de la crème of ingredients to give your lips the pure and seamless color payoff that you'd expect from a luxury lip item. The top tier elements come together to administer impressive moisturizing benefits that will keep your pout looking supple throughout the day.

Red lips for every budget is not a myth and I hope that you're able to try out a few of my favorites, but I'd love to know, what are some of your red lip recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This Post

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig