Friday, October 24, 2014

Review: Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide

Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide
It's been a while since I've talked about foundations here, so I thought that I should share my numero uno, go-to foundation at the moment. If you've taken a good look at the photo above, no surprise here that it is the Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide.

This foundation has been out for a few months now and I picked it up mid-summer while in search of a lightweight, no-fuss foundation. I found just that in the Smooth Finish Flawless fluide. The foundation is an oil-free water-based foundation that provides a medium coverage flawless appearance to the skin while blurring subtle imperfections. There's 24 diverse shades to choose from within the line, so no fear for those with unique skin tones, you'll definitely find your match here. I, for one, wear the color Praline and have no complains about the matchup.

Application of the foundation can be a bit tricky, but not for the reasons you might think. It's all about the preparation of the product before it even touches your skin. First, you have to vigorously shake the bottle for a good ten seconds to ensure that the product is completely combined. The packaging gives you a heads up that shaking is necessary because separation is normal for this bi-phased formula. Next, I like to place the product vertically and carefully remove the cap to avoid leakage because it's such a thin formula.
Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide Review

I use one of two methods to actually apply the foundation:

All Hands: I briefly spoke about this in my brush-free makeup post. The Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide is ideal for this type of application and even recommended! Just drop two pea-sized amounts of product on your two middle fingers, press your clean middle fingers together with them, then place dots of the product around your face. After that, just massage it in.

Brush On: When I'm in the mood to fuss with a brush, I use a synthetic hair, medium bristle length foundation brush. Using a synthetic hair brush allows for the product to get to your skin rather than soaking into the bristles. Simply place a nickel-sized amount on the back of your hand and lightly dab the brush into the product and swiftly move the product around on the skin.

Both methods have merit, it honestly depends on what I feel like doing that day. Regardless of the application method, the final look of my foundation is always pristine, flawless and consistent. My only gripe about the product is the packaging, however, I feel like that's an easy hurdle to jump over to enjoy such an incredible, lightweight and quality foundation.

If you'd like to take the Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide for a spin, you can find it at Sephora for $48. Have you tried the Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide foundation yet? What do you think of the product?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This Post

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig