Monday, October 13, 2014

All Hands On Deck Makeup Method

I have to be straight with you. I covet the portion of my day where I get to grab a cup of tea, blast an energetic playlist, stand in front of my mirror, wrestle with my hair and apply my makeup. It's my daily ritual for getting ready to face the world and I love it. However, there are some days when I just don't have the privilege of taking my time and I have to dash out of the door pretty fast. In those cases, rather than skipping my primping all together, I expedite the process by opting for a no-brushes make-up look.
no brushes makeup method
hands only makeup application

A no-brushes makeup look is exactly that, no brushes (with the exception of those included with certain products...I'm looking at you mascaras!). Instead of using and dirtying those makeup brushes, simply opt to use your hands. This is a fun way to change up your makeup application if you are pressed for time, don't like shelling out tons of money for makeup brushes or you just want to get back to basics. The key to making this process work for you is:

  1. Use clean hands - we don't want any breakouts!
  2. Keep it simple - don't try to do too much. My philosophy for a beautiful no-brushes makeup look is "less is more."
Simple as that. I decided to use a few easily accessible products out of my stash. My base consists of the Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluid in Praline, a lightweight medium coverage foundation that leaves your skin with a silky satin finish. You can apply this foundation with a brush or just with your hands and the final product is always seamless. Next, I applied a bit of NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer under my eyes and blended it in to provide a bit of brightness. I also grabbed Maybelline's Master Glaze Blush Stick in Make A Mauve for a sultry pop of color on the cheeks. 
no brushes makeup

My eyes were simple enough. I shaped my brows, as usual, with my Anastasia Brow Wiz.  Then, I followed up with Revlon's ColorStay Smoky Shadow Stick in 201 Torch. After, dabbing, blending, building and more blending, I lined my eyes with the Benefit's They're Real Push-Up Liner for slight definition before finishing up with my lash-lengthening obsession, L'Oreal's Voluminous Butterfly mascara in Midnight Black.

To conclude, I applied a bold lip, Aveda's Lipstick in Tanzanite. It's rich, buildable and tastes like blackberries...I really can't get enough of it!

There's something quite theraputic about getting out of your routine and trying something different. I hope that you give this method a try and let me know what are your favorite products to use in your brush-free makeup looks.

Until next time - XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This Post

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig