Thursday, August 14, 2014

Head Trip Thursday: The Moschino Rucksack

Today is an exciting day and I'm so glad that you're here to join me in introducing my first recurring series on the blog, Head Trip Thursdays. Head Trip Thursdays will be a weekly post on Thursdays featuring a fashion item that I'm completely lusting after. The item, in most scenarios, will have a "when pigs fly" type of price tag association...ergo, the head trip. Together, we'll fantasize and discuss the item in question, reasons for infatuation, how to style the item and lastly, I'll share an in-real-life attainable dupe for the product. Now, let's get straight to it!

It seems that between the influx of tattered jeans and spotting celebs like Rihanna donning bucket hats, the 90s are headed this way and they want their real estate in your closet back. I've been resistant to jumping head first into the returning trends, that is until a certain throwback item repeatedly began to catch my gaze as I flitted through and my favorite fashion stalking mediums. That item is the rucksack.

I know, I know, considering that I have a certain affinity toward handbags, this isn't a shock. However, the main draw for me is the non-traditional character that rucksacks bring to your look. It's youthful, practical and effortless but in the most charming way possible. My rucksack of choice would be the Moschino Rucksack, an enticing multi-utility quilted black bag adorned with darling gold details, that would cost me about $1,745. No way would I invest that kind of money in an item that most likely wouldn't stand the test of time, however, let's fantasize that my banking account isn't a factor here...this is how I would style my beautiful bag.

Moschino Rucksack Look



This style creation totally speaks to me because it's flirty with the sleeveless crop top and pairs so well with a dainty mid-length skirt and lace pumps, but the Moschino rucksack adds that bit of unexpected edginess to the entire look. I love it! The items used to create this outfit are also really sensibly priced, with the exception of the rucksack.

If you really like this look, you can totally just swap out the designer rucksack for a more affordable version. I've spotted a rucksack that's just as alluring as Moschino's version. Zara's Quilted Rucksack, which has the spacious utility aspect that I love, detailed quilting and contrasting canvas lining. Best yet, this rucksack comes in at a feasible $69.90.

What do you think of the rucksack trend? Are you onboard or is this trendy item not high on your fashion priority list? I'd love to know what you think and please comment letting me know if you like the new series!

Until next time - XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This Post

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig