Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Bridal Duties: The Bridesmaid Proposal

"A good friend knows all of your best stories, a best friend has lived them with you." - Unknown

I know, I haven't discussed the subject much, but I'm engaged to my college sweetheart and we're in the planning stages for our June 2015 wedding! Eeek!

I wanted to start this post out with a truthful and heartfelt quote, because today, I want to talk about my best friends in this world who are also (thankfully, they agreed) my bridesmaids! One of the most important and immediate tasks for a bride is selecting her bridesmaids. These are the girls that will endure non-stop discussion of all-things-wedding related, tag along to countless appointments, pore over details of all of your pre-nuptial events, help you maintain your sanity through the journey and do it all with a smile on their face because they genuinely love you and care so deeply about this special time in your life. In short, they are saints.

Today, I'm featuring my saint, err...I mean, bridesmaids proposal that I coordinated for my little crew. I wanted to do something creative, personal and special for my proposal to them and became inspired by Style Me Pretty's DIY "Ask" Gift Idea. I secretly started out on my stealthy mission gathering supplies at the craft store and searching up custom shirt ideas for my beautiful bridesmaids and then scheduled a sneaky brunch to surprise them! I included a special note to both of them in their gift bags and thoroughly documented the event.

Bridesmaid Proposal Ideas
Pretty tote bags made by me... who'd have thought I could be crafty!

Bridesmaid Proposal Ideas
All of the included goodies...

Bridesmaid Proposal Ideas
I found this ribbon at Michael's. It says "...and they lived happily ever after..."

Bridesmaid Proposal Ideas
More fun goodies...

Bridesmaid Proposal Ideas
I also found this ribbon at Michael's that says "I Do!" with little rings

Bridesmaid Proposal
My bridesmaids reading the card that says... "Rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer." - Jean de La Fontaine
Bridesmaid Proposal Photo
They said "YES!" and we took a group photo with our cute plaques to celebrate the event

I'm a lucky girl to have these two in my life. I hope that you enjoyed our bridesmaids proposal brunch, documented in photos and ask that you to share your bridesmaid proposal story. Bridesmaid proposals are a relatively new concept, from what I understand, so I'm completely enamored with what kind of proposals are out there.

Until next time - XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This Post

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig