Monday, August 11, 2014

A New Look: Ombré Hair Edition

I'm usually not one to be adventurous with my hair, but with my 27th birthday coming up, I had the urge to go for a change. Now, let me start by saying my version of adventurous may not be drastic, but if you know me, this is quite a change.

I started out my journey by forming my "hair hit list" which is thinking about what I've seen on other people that I've adored, and cataloguing pictures and examples of styles on a Pinterest board. Here's a few snippets of my hair influences.

The first thing that came to my mind was coloring. I've never had the opportunity to experiment with different hair colors possibly because my mother always plead with me to never dye my hair; worrying about the ramifications of coloring it and keeping the integrity of my natural color. Talking specifically about color inspiration, I am completely infatuated with Shay Mitchell's ombré gradient.

Secondly, I've always wanted long and voluminous hair. My hair is naturally shoulder length, but seems to always stay at the same length...so frustrating! Looking for solutions, I've toyed with clip-in extensions before, but I loathed the fact that it's such a time-intensive task with clipping them in every morning and removing them every evening. I'm not a morning person, so this task doesn't seamlessly fit into my congested morning routine. To sum it up, I needed a more permanent solution.

Ultimately, I was led to the solution of getting sew-in extensions dyed in an ombré gradient. This effectively gives me the coloring aspect without touching my own hair color (Mom is happy) and simultaneously provides me with the volume and length that I've dreamt about! I'm so excited about the result and have to thank my stylist for her brilliant work!

Here's a few pics of the final result. I hope you love the new look as much as I do!

ombre hair color


ombre hair color

ombre hair color

While we're on the subject, what are some of your adventurous hair fantasies? Anything that you've always wanted to try but have been apprehensive? I'm super curious so leave a comment below.

Until next time - XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This Post

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig