Friday, November 21, 2014

How To Wear Makeup With Glasses

I'm not one to frequently wear my eyeglasses unless it's absolutely necessary. It's something about the combination of the loss of my peripheral vision, the feeling of the glasses clinching my nose and behind my ears throughout the day and, lastly, the task of attempting to do my makeup while being blind as a bat that leaves me feeling quite unsettled about spectacles! Much to my dismay, I've found myself in the position of having to wear my glasses for a full month due to overuse of my contacts...apparently I have to give my pupils a rest!

That being said, over the past couple of weeks, I've found a few things that have worked for me when it comes to wearing makeup with eye glasses that I wanted to share!

how to wear makeup with glasses

Arch those brows - I'm a big fan of eyebrow maintenance, you could even call it an obsession. When wearing glasses you'll want to ensure that your brows are properly groomed and neat to frame your face. This adds interest to the base behind the glasses so that they aren't the primary focus.

Light up your eyes - I've found myself reaching for a champagne hue eyeshadow for my lids and a deeper nude color for my crease to showcase my eyes and bring additional light to them behind my lenses. Taking time to add a thin strip of liner to the top lid helps to define your eyes to bring more attention to them! Also, never forget that mascara tending to top and bottom lashes, too!

Glow, Baby, Glow - Appear radiant behind your frames by choosing a soft gentle blush to add an unexpected flirty flush to your skin. As a finishing touch, toss on a pair of earrings to deflect focus from the frames.
how to wear eye makeup with glasses


makeup when wearing glasses

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' for new posts every Monday, Wednesday & Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This Post

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig