Wednesday, November 12, 2014

What I'm Reading This Month

What To Read in November
There are a number of hobbies that enjoy that happen to lie dormant until the autumn and winter seasons come around. Hobbies like attempting DIY projects, cooking and baking, reading for leisure and even crochet come to mind. This time of year tends to bring out the domestic goddess in me, apparently! Do I need any more reasons to love autumn and winter? Most likely not.
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling

I've picked up a couple of new additions to add to my reading list. The first was actually a gift from best friend and Maid of Honor for my birthday, Mindy Kaling's Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (And Other Concerns). My bestie knows me very well and we're both fans of Mindy Kaling's show, The Mindy Project, so I was excited to have this book in my hands. This is a quick read, that serves delivers a humorous look at Kaling's early life and career complete with embarrassing pictures and anecdotes. I've just started reading it and, as expected, it's superbly witty and hilarious.  I've bursted out in laughter at times while flitting through the book...I'd expect nothing less from Mindy.
The Paris Wife by Paula McLain

Next up is The Paris Wife, a historical fiction novel by Paula McLain.  I spotted this book and immediately felt compelled to pick it up while strolling through Barnes & Noble one afternoon. I hadn't heard anything about the novel previously, but loved the synopsis hinting at deception, distressed marriage and questioning loyalties set in Paris during the 1920s. So intriguing and a quick peruse of reviews on Amazon said that the book was worth the buy, so it came home with me. I'm really looking forward to digging into this one!

Let me know what you are reading this month. Also, any recommendations that I should consider for December?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This Post

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig