Thursday, June 6, 2013

Review: DryBar Happy Hour Shampoo and Weightless Conditioner

I think that I can safely assume that we've all heard of the powerhouse company, DryBar, a premium blow dry bar. This incredible company brings together the crème de la crème of feminine indulgence, classic chick flicks, champs, enviable decor and perfect pampered tresses all under one roof! Well, this year, DryBar has taken it up yet another notch and released their own line of hair products. This allows you to recreate your favorite blowout at home with the same products and tools the pros use!

Being the blowout fanatic that I am, I was all too willing to take these products for a spin. I started out with the Happy Hour Blowout Shampoo and Happy Hour Weightless Conditioner. The packaging is nothing short of spectacular, in true DryBar fashion. Sleek, functional and well-designed with cheeky "pun-intended" names referencing the "bar."


drybar shampoo and conditioner


Both the Happy Hour Shampoo and Conditioner contain a crisp, fresh and luscious perfumed scent that sticks to your locks. I was particularly impressed with the formula of the shampoo as it thoroughly cleansed the oiliness of my hair but still left it feeling un-stripped.

The Weightless Conditioner is the perfect accoutrement to the shampoo and stays true to its "weightless" claim. While it doesn't possess a thick consistency, you'll notice that after applying the conditioner and rinsing, your hair feels completely nourished and is easily detangled. However, the true magic happens during the blow out. You'll be amazed at how well these products assist you in getting that airy and lightweight feel that is the essence of every blowout. To be honest, I haven't had this kind of success with an at-home blow out with any other shampoo and conditioner combination!  

Here's a couple of snapshots from my trial run with the products...
drybar shampoo and conditioner

drybar blowout haircare


All in all, I'd say that the performance of the products is absolutely stellar. If I had one criticism, I'd say that I wish you got more product for the money. Both the Happy Hour Shampoo and Weightless Conditioner come in at 8.5 oz of product for $23 each. 

If you're a first timer, I recommend heading to your nearest DryBar location and picking up a complimentary sample pack of Happy Hour.If you're fully committed to trying out the DryBar hair products or tools, you can find them at any DryBar location or online, and you can also find them at Sephora.

Let me know in the comments what you think of DryBar's Happy Hour Shampoo and Conditioner, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Connect with The Chic CounselTwitter | Instagram | YouTube | Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This Post

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig