Wednesday, July 30, 2014

My Guide To Fashion Stalking

I wanted to talk about something new today. I haven't discussed fashion lately which is quite a shame since I enjoy fashion just as much as I enjoy cosmetics. Some info about me? I have a particular weakness for handbags, I swear there are at least 5 bags on my must-have list and 3 on my "should-pigs-fly" wish list, but that's another post for another time. 

I have to admit that discovering most of the items on my must-haves/wish lists are discoveries I've made through different commerce sites and social media platforms. That leads me to today's post, which is basically a guide from me to you about the best places to get into your fashion stalking and begin cultivating a collection. I feel like there are so many great sites out there that allow you to branch out your style, discover new trends and even purchase items on site, so compiling this post of my favorite sites just seemed like a no-brainer to share with you all.

Finding New Fashion Pinterest
Photo Courtesy of Pinterest


Site: Pinterest

The Scoop: A visual bookmarking platform where you can create specific boards pertaining to the pins that are included in that board, follow friends, discover new people, places to travel, brands, new interests...basically anything you're interested in, you'll find it on Pinterest. 
How I Use It: I use Pinterest to curate fashion trends and that pieces I like, recipes for healthy (and unhealthy) eating, bridal wear, calligraphy and technology. Usually, when I'm shopping for something, I reference my Pinterest boards as they contain everything that I've come across recently that I love.
My Faves on Pinterest:
The Scoop: A photo and video sharing service that allows you to edit your content with preset filters to give the photo more interest and flair! You can also use hashtags to find new content. Lastly, to save a photo that you like in your "Posts You've Liked" section located in Settings, just give the photo a double tap and it's saved for your future use.
How I Use It: I absolutely adore Instagram because everywhere you look your favorite bloggers and brands are embracing very editorial style footage and try to give their followers a behind the scenes view of fashion and their day-to-day. The downside of Instagram from a fashion standpoint is that you can’t link to specific products from posts which bugs me but hopefully that's something they fix in the near future, but in the meantime, some of your favorite bloggers may have found a solution to this... read on!
My Faves on Instagram:
These are my favorite for sites for finding new trends, but if you were ever in the mood to discover AND buy some new products, the next couple of sites are going to be your new best friend.

Site: Like To Know It
The Scoop: This ties into your Instagram profile and is kind of nifty! Fashion and Lifestyle bloggers that post OOTD (outfit of the day) photos on Instagram will tag it with a LikeTKIT link which will allow followers to easily curate those finds by simply liking the photo. Since this ties into your Instagram profile, all activity that is tagged is easily browsed on LikeToKnowIt’s site. LikeTKIT will also send you synopsis emails to remind you of what you've liked so that you don't forget that you were lusting over those rose gold and pearl ear jacket earrings.

Site: Luvocracy
The Scoop: Basically, this is similar to Pinterest, but, you can shop straight from the Luvocracy site. I’ve noticed many YouTubers stating that you can find all of the beauty and fashion finds they have mentioned in their videos on their Luvocracy page, so they’re starting to get a good following behind them.

Site: KEEP
The Scoop: With KEEP, you can find and curate and also purchase a collection of styles and products. Every week, KEEP features a stylist that shares his/her latest obsessions and recommendations and you can go through, browse and keep those items that really interest you. Even better, KEEP allows you to find what you're looking for easily by sharing items as a compiled list whether it's Hot Trends, Jewelry Under $50 or fashions in a specific color, they've got you covered.

Again, these are just a few of my favorites, but I'd love to know what sites you find helpful when you're discovering new styles and products.


Lastly, if you want to follow me on any of these sites, you can find me here:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This Post

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig