Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Review of Benefit's They're Real Push-Up Liner

Honestly, there's nothing worse than hearing so much about the release of a new product from a major brand, anticipating it's arrival, FINALLY getting your mitts on it only for it to fall short of your expectations. Sadly, this was the case with Benefit's They're Real Push Up Liner which if you read my post a few weeks back, I was jonesing to get my hands on the early access release of the new product.

review benefit they're real push up liner

To start, I had pretty high expectations for this liner from the beginning since Benefit slapped the "They're Real" name on the product and I immediately associated it with the They're Real Mascara which has to be included on my all-time favorite list of mascaras. However, after getting beyond the packaging, which I absolutely adored, that's where my infatuation started tapering off.

The product proved to be very troublesome from the moment I opened it. While cranking away at the dispenser, I felt like it took my eons to even get product to appear out of the flexible tip applicator. When I finally struck gold, I went for it! Starting at the inner corner of my eye, I was able to get extremely close to my lash line, which is what I was hoping for. However, I quickly noticed that pushing the gel product across my lash line was proving to be a bit messy. I noticed faded areas along my lash line where there was a lack of consistency of product application and even some clumps of gel liner caking up along the lash line. Such an utter bummer.

Honestly, I sum it up to this. The big fault in this product is that the flexible tip applicator doesn't bond well with the gentle pressure that is essential to apply liner on your lash line. Swatching this product on your hand? No problem, you have a beautiful and consistent black matte line. But, achieving the same result on your lash line is quite the feat if you don't have a lot of time to spend on the task.

Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner

I won't say it's all bad news though. The payoff is great when you get through the application issues. The natural angle of the flexible tip applicator does allow you to mark your cat eye wing with ease and the matte black color of this liner adds a mod and dramatic effect to liner that any girl would enjoy. Additionallly, if you're looking for a liner that won't budge, this is a superb option because it's definitely not going anywhere until you want to take it off.

Lastly, my only advice is that you use this product when you have some time to spend on perfecting the application. This isn't your running-out-the-door liner and this definitely isn't one for newbies to experiment with as it is quite fussy to maneuver. I've, personally, found myself reaching for my Stila Stay All-Day Liner much more often than this one on a day-to-day basis.

If you're interested in picking up the Benefit They're Real Push-Up Liner and giving it a try, you can find it at Ulta and Sephora for $24.

So, what are your thoughts on the new Benefit They're Real Push-Up Liner? Have you had issues with application and splotchy results or was all smooth sailing? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Until next time - XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This Post

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig